Sunday, July 27, 2008

{day 25}

Today we didn't have class because we had to leave the dorm very early for our tour of Canterbury! The coach trip was pretty long just getting there and back - we were only actually walking around Canterbury for about three hours. Just enough time to see Canterbury Cathedral and grab some lunch. The poor waitresses that served our table of nine or ten at lunch! I'm sure she wasn't used to such a large group but she was very nice and brought me a ton of ice when I asked for "extra" in my Diet Coke. So she gets a gold star from me! When we got back to the dorm around 5:00pm I had to scramble to pack and get ready to leave for the airport to fly to Dublin!!
We left the dorm around 6:15pm to make it to the train station to get on the train that would take us to the airport for our 10:15pm flight - I am coming very close to being over flying anywhere for a long time - but I could not be more excited that I got the chance to go to Dublin! Amazing!! When we finally got to Dublin around 11:45pm we went straight to the hostel and straight to bed so we could wake up early for our trip to Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone! I know... I will have kissed a dirty, old rock that has been kissed by 1000s of other tourists... the things people will do for 7 years of eloquence!

No comments: