Tuesday, March 24, 2009

{Feelin' Lucky: Day 24 - oliviamoon}

Olivia Moon - Susan Pitts
Etsy shop: http://www.oliviamoon.etsy.com

Item
Wouldn't this pendant be perfect trinket for a for anyone who enjoys a good book, or just anyone!? Mirrored back for keeping lipgloss in check!

Bio
Susan Pitts is from South Carolina and has two teenagers, two dogs and a cat. Her son, Kevin, is a freshman at Auburn University and her daughter, Leslie, is a freshman in high school. Her house is pretty quiet these days and she is able to work full-time on her pendant making...which she loves! Susan loves thumbing through old papers of any type and has aquired an extensive collection of vintage postcards....many of which were given to her by her grandmother, Olivia Moon.

Favorite Materials
vintage papers from atlases, dictionaries and old letters. Vintage postcards, solder,glass,mirror and German glitter glass

To win this pretty pendant, leave a comment answering the following:
What is your favorite read?
Don't get me wrong, I love a good book, but I LOVE magazines: Lucky, the late Domino (still really sad about this...), Country Living, LIVING, Southern Accents and InStyle are my must-reads each month!
winner will be announced March 31st

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture brings back memories. My mother had this picture hanging in her "Sewing Room", a room that was just hers. Where she would do all her crafts. She also had a very special reading chair that my father made for her, above that chair was this picture. I always wondered what the girl was reading!? (When I got to be in this room) You were only allowed in by invitation!!!

Unknown said...

My favorite book of all time is A Prayer for Owen Meany...but the book I have read most often is any/all of the Harry Potter series.

Unknown said...

Southern Flair is my favorite blog and I love to read anything dog related! :-)

Unknown said...

My favorite book to read is MEET FELICITY an american girl. This book rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RK said...

My favorite book is "Patty Jane's House of Curl" by Lorna Landvik. It's so real and touching—makes me laugh and cry. I can read it again and again without getting tired of it.

I love this pendant, by the way. It would be the envy of (or maybe make a great gift for) my best friend, who is a librarian. (=

rk.orcutt at gmail dot com

Ryann Pinnegar said...

What a pretty pendant! My favorite read is The Blue Sword by Robin McKinnley. I think I've read it six times.

Nikki said...

The book that inspired my childhood reading was "Are you there god? It's me Margaret." In my adult life..."Are you there vodka? It's me Chelsea."

Plus, you gotta love the play on words!

Aik said...

I love reading memoirs, such as The Last Empress by Anchee Min and Chinese Cinderella --- A Story of An Unwanted Daughter by Adeline Yen Mah. They are always so touching and make me cry.

P/S: I love the pendant. It's very beautiful.

aikychien@yahoo.com

mensa63 said...

My favorite book is Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. It is a story of a specific historical event - The French Revolution - yet Dickens weaves his magic and the characters become everyman from past, present and future.

CathyH said...

My favorite reading is art instruction books and old poetry books.

GENEVIEVE said...

The books that inspired me so so long ago are the books written by Pearl Buck, they are marvelous!!!!showing the clash of two cultures and also the blending.

GENEVIEVE

Anonymous said...

I admit it... I have read twilight and it's follow-ups multiple times. I'm a teenage girl, I can't resist. Now that that confession is out, I also like "real" literature. This necklace definitely makes me think of Bronte's Jane Eyre which I adore!
Reading is powerful stuff.

Peaches said...

I love the classics. My favorite is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

minishoes said...

Great giveaway! The Bridges of Madison County is a great read for me. thanks jacquecurl@gmail.com

Allen said...

Probably the Wall Street Journal... although Google Reader has made it really easy to follow several dozen blogs per day!

CAROLINA said...

I've always been partial to Victoria Holt's books.

Unknown said...

So many good books....I would say Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is my favorite though..

Anonymous said...

The Bible is my favorite.

acptuser(at)hotmail(dot)com

duper.doodle said...

Reading childrens books to my new baby boy.