Thursday, March 12, 2009

{Feelin' Lucky: Day 12 - shannongerard}

Shannon Gerard - Shannon Gerard
Etsy shop: http://www.shannongerard.etsy.com
Website: http://www.shannongerard.org

Item
If you can't grow a real one (or even if you can), a Plush Moustache is the next best thing. Pin this little Plushtache to your lapel for easy twiddling during conversational lulls. Keep it in your pocket for all day comfort. Sleep with it under your pillow and dream of hirsute companions. (Winner selects color)

Bio
Shannon Gerard hails from Ontario, Canada where she writes and draws the auto-bio comic series HUNG. She also makes artist's books about hope, faith and human frailty and spends at least 50% of her waking life crocheting plush sculptures. Recently though, she has been untangling herself long enough to start hand-printing books on a letterpress. Shannon teaches courses in print media and nano-publishing at the Ontario College of Art and Design in Toronto.

Favorite Materials
yarn, humor

To win this plush little 'stache, leave comment answering the following:
Facial hair or no facial hair?
I prefer none & have none... ha!
winner will be announced March 19th

24 comments:

celestefrittata said...

I love long soft beard, moushaches and sideburns... even large eyebrows! But only on my boyfriend face... not mine! Your pins remind me it's time for a depilatory wax ;-)

Anonymous said...

No Hair!! It hurts to much when you get together!

nfmgirl said...

I've reached the age where I have facial hair whether I like it or not! I prefer guys without facial hair, but my boyfriend rarely shaves. As a little girl, I used to cry and scream when my uncles would hung and kiss me, because they all had beards and I was terrified of beards!

Unknown said...

5 o'clock shadow.

MaeBee Jewelry said...

For him, yes. For me, no. Unless it's Halloween and I'm goin' as a cop.

Anonymous said...

seriously depends on the guy...sometimes a little scruffiness is nice!

THE PLUSHTACHE IS SO AWESOME!!
seriously. awesome.

Anonymous said...

Well... I prefer not shaving, so I'll have to go with stubble. But I would proudly wear a plushtache.

valerie2350 said...

for me? I prefer none ;)

for my honey? yes, please

yyeres said...

no facial hair. yyeres(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

Handlebar moustaches are so hot! Something about hulk hogans facial hair makes me squeal!

CathyH said...

On him?..fine. On me? ugh..yes..but not for long..tweeze 'em out!

Nesa said...

Hmmm, he always keep it nice and clean but occasionally the itsy bitsy facial hair makes him so sexy

Aik said...

No, of course! I'm going to get rid of my facial hair someday!

aikychien@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I love a little stubble on my hubby, but I'd prefer no facial hair on me!

Shawna Bates said...

I like a little bit of facial hair on my husband, but for myself...oye the older I get.......the more I WISH it would disappear. I have a 6 year old who LOVES mustaches! He is always having me put one on him with my mascara! I hope I win!! :) Adorable idea lol..
Shawna

Tina said...

I'm not a big fan of facial hair on men, but I DO like it when my husband has a goatee. As for myself, I'm Italian and am dreading when the facial hairs start to pop up.

Melissa said...

I prefer a little bit of scruff! I love it! My husband can grow a full beard over night! :)

Heidi P said...

I prefer a clean shaven man. I would love to win one of these moustaches for my 3 1/2 yr old daughter. Last year at a dress-up party, she put on a fancy dress, a tiara, a boa, sparkly shoes, and then as she passed the boys' table, she exclaimed "Oh - this will be perfect!" as she put on a black mustache.

Brooke said...

Most definitely no facial hair! But once in a while a full beard and moustache. If only there were no in between.

Anonymous said...

I only have one little hair on my face so I can keep it under control. On guys, depends on the guy. My husband can't grow anything to save his life, so he'd look pretty funny with patchy hair everywhere!

Alan D said...

No facial hair. THank you.

Christine C. said...

absolutely adorable! I prefer the Plushstache! Clean shaven is for me otherwise!

/\Heather/\ said...

I prefer no facial hair, but the dude looks good with a goatee.

Unknown said...

NO facial hair it scares me