Thursday, March 19, 2009

{Feelin' Lucky: Day 19 - greenwichletterpress}

Greenwich Letterpress - Amy Salvini-Swanson & Beth Salvini
Etsy shop: http://www.greenwichletterpress.etsy.com

Item
Pretty letterpress card packs (Thank you & Happy Birthday)

Bio
Greenwich Letterpress is owned and run by sisters Amy Salvini-Swanson and Beth Salvini. Our shop specializes in custom letterpress printing as well as being a proper stationery store featuring unique and handmade paper goods and gifts. We also have our own line of greeting cards. Our shop is located in Manhattans West Village. Amy went to school for English, but happily found her way into the world of Graphic Design and is mostly self taught. Beth went to school for painting and has a fine art degree. We both grew up in a creative and artistic household and our parents had a big influence on us and aesthetically our shop and our mission come directly from that upbringing.

Favorite Materials
letterpress, soy based ink, fonts, paper, Gocco, felt, paint, illustrations and clip art

To win these sweet cards, leave a comment answering the following:
From what classic novel are there also sisters Amy and Beth?
winner will be announced March 26th
more winners coming soon...

22 comments:

Only Free Stuff Here said...

Ooh, Love Cards! From what classic novel are there also sisters Amy and Beth? Little Women, Awesome Novel by the way!

Unknown said...

Little Women...Amy, Beth, Jo & Meg.

Amanda said...

Certainly little women. What a beautiful design on the thank you card. I love the abstract raspberry like flowers on the bottom.

Unknown said...

The March sisters of Little Women, as others have commented. I love these note cards and if I still lived in NY I'd hightail it down to your store. Thank goodness for etsy!

nfmgirl said...

Yep, Little Women it be. I love those old stories! Little Women, Sense and Sensibility, etc.

RK said...

Little Women! (=

These are gorgeous, and one can never have too many cards on hand.

lindsey said...

Pretty! And the answer is Little Women :)

angela said...

little women

agowon@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Little Women, of course!

CathyH said...

"Little Women" one of my favorite stories and love the movie with Katherine Hepburn

Unknown said...

little women. love it. amsbolda@hotmail.com

MaeBee Jewelry said...

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott! I loved that book and even named my daughter after the Beth character! Beautiful card...LOVE letterpress and it's old-schoolness (new word!).

shannons said...

Little Women

Aik said...

Little Women. =)

mom2boys said...

yep...Little women. I love the cards. Thank you for the giveaway!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Little Women!! I actually just re-read this book and loved it a lot! =)

Allen said...

Ooooo. Good question. Had I not seen the answer, I would have had to search for it, so I shall recuse myself from today's contest.

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I had to think for a minute! Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. Beautiful cards!

Carol said...

Of course, Little Women! The cards are beautiful!! Thanks for the chance.

Victoria said...

Little Women, one of my favorite books! Thanks! utgal2004[at]yahoo[dot]com

KristenH said...

There are also sisters Amy and Beth in the classic novel Little Women. I love that book so much. This is a great giveaway and I really hope I win. Thanks.
girlof80s@aol.com

duper.doodle said...

Little Women. I think almost everyone has read this one, especially if you are a girl.