Friday, March 27, 2009

{Feelin' Lucky: Day 27 - dryan327}

Purple Toes Jewelry - Donna
Etsy shop: http://www.dryan327.etsy.com

Item
Ruby Jeweled Watch Component Brass Floral Steampunk Ring
This is an awesome ring. It has all it's parts, gears, wheels and ruby jewels, with the gold stem. The ladies watch is from the 30's-60's but has all it's parts and they work and turn and move. If you are into Steampunk, you know how hard it is to get a watch apart without stripping out the gears, stems and wheels. I purposely only embellished this one with the brass oval floral adjustable ring. It makes such a great statement, it didn't need anything else.

Bio
Donna loves hand-crafted jewelry and watching her daughter paint her "toes purple"… hence, “Purple Toes Jewelry”! She creates jewelry of all kinds mostly from Vintage Glass Beads, Hearts, Roses, Pearls, Charms, Pendants and Vintage Filigree Wraps. She is currently featuring Steampunk pieces and is donating a Steampunk Ring to our little March Madness! If you don’t know about Steampunk (which… I didn’t), it one of the most rapidly growing popular arts on Etsy and is essentially the working with watch parts to create fabulous jewelry!

Favorite Materials
Heart, Animal, Vintage, Glass, Antiques, Lucite, Swarowski, Crystal, Beads, Gold, Silver, Brass, Filigree

To win your piece of Steampunk leave a comment answering the following:
What is the name of your favorite nail polish color?

mine is Bubble Bath from OPI

winner will be announced April 3rd

24 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I love Black!!! And I love that ring!!! :)

Carol said...

'Not so Bora-Bora-ing Pink' and "I Pink I love you' by OPI

Kindy Lynn said...

Anythinf pink it dosent have to have a spiffy name or anything. I just like pink! That ring is fab I would love to wear that everyday!

Unknown said...

i love blue and black. they look sooooooooooooooooo good on me !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love green and bright orange together they look AMAZING on me and everyone elese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps.not on baily milligan!haha

Anonymous said...

High Maintenance (bright orange red) by OPI. Don't you know it baby!!

CathyH said...

This ring is sooo cool! Favorite nail polish color is named Mauvelicious :)

Emily said...

most of the nail polish i have doesn't have an exciting name but I do like Hot Tamale....I gave my sister Molly a bottle of it! hehe

Unknown said...

I love OPI Ink by OPI. its a deep purple with dark glitter!

washedupmermaid said...

My favorite color is "Blood Red" by Morbid Makeup. It's a beautiful dark rich red color. There's something so classic about wearing red, which I just love!

Awesome ring, btw!

Ryann Pinnegar said...

I don't wear nail polish (my nails like to breath). But for special events (i.e. my high school graduation and my wedding) I like to get acrylic French tips (okay, I don't like getting them done, but I think they're pretty) in light pink and white.

So, this ring, does it double as a watch? That would be cool!

Becca said...

Mine is called "clear". I don't want anything on my fingers to compete with that ring =)

Aik said...

Mine is Temptation (opalescent white) by NARS.

aikychien@yahoo.com

Allen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allen said...

HEY! Guys read this blog too... but on girls, I prefer clear.

Nesa said...

Mine is glittery gold!

angela said...

deep reds are my all time fav but i love bright colors in the summer! fake nails are the best though w/ french manicure

Unknown said...

Love light pinks...there's one by OPI that I always get, but I can't remember the name (something with salmon)

thanks!

KB said...

Havana Nights by OPI. It is a pretty shade of red with sparkles. I mostly wear it on my toes. Also, I am half Cuban, so I am partial to the name.

NASCAR Race Mom said...

My favorite is "frankly Scarlett" by Revlon!

Anonymous said...

Blackberry by Nailtini

weblynx at hotmail.com

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ring! Favorite nail polish color is generally burgundy, generally Cover Girl. Thanks for the entry!

Donna said...

I am excited to find out who wins the Steampunk Ring. Thanks for looking!

/\Heather/\ said...

Oh, this is the coolest! Ha!

My favorite nail polish color is Chrystal Ball by Sally Hansen.